Our client is a multi-billion-dollar food and beverage manufacturer. They have a new opportunity for a Sr. Director of Operations. This position involves strategic leadership, setting organizational standards, and developing others regarding profitability of the plants. Two large plants and plant managers in the local area will report to this individual.
Directs and oversees manufacturing operations and activities for multiple manufacturing facilities. The Sr. Operations Director will provide direction and an appropriate level of support to individual site teams in delivering strategic objectives, optimizing plant operations and meeting established performance goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements manufacturing strategies to improve the organization’s financial performance and competitive positioning through continuous improvement of production/warehousing related
- Champions a continuous improvement culture by leading CI professionals in Identifying manufacturing processes or procedures that could benefit from process improvement or efficiency optimization, and approves the implementation of
- Develops a manufacturing plan and production schedule that increases profit, reduces cost per unit and meets customer expectations.
- Establishes employee safety, food safety and product quality standards and manages vendor or organizational
- Modifies employee schedules or staffing plans to reduce labor costs while meeting output
- Leads and directs the work of manufacturing site leadership.
- Responsible for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and
- Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the division and manufacturing sites.
- Recommends policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organizations performance.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of manufacturing experience. Experience leading continuous improvement/lean manufacturing activities.
Skills and Competencies:
- Decision-making skills
- Innovation/Change Management
- Advanced Leadership skills
- Problem/situation analysis
- Analytical thinking skills
- Strategic/Operational Planning skills
This is not a remote position. Candidate must live in the upstate New York area. This is a hands-on role, requiring travel to the two facilities regularly.
All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com