2023 Summer Intern: PepsiCo Foods Supply Chain Quality & Food Safety – Undergrad- job post
Full Job Description
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it’s located in Purchase, NY doesn’t mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Intern hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
The goal of Frito Lay’s internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. During this internship experience, you will have exposure to a variety of components of the Frito Lay Supply Chain Quality and Food Safety organization. At the end of the summer, our interns report out to the Leadership Team on the key business points learned from the internship experience. The position requires a self-directed, motivated individual prepared for a fast-paced environment. Working as an intern with Frito-Lay will provide you with guidance for future management skills and the opportunity to execute key leadership decisions. This internship will last approximately 10 weeks.
What you can expect:
Supply Chain Quality and Food Safety Program
- Assist in the analysis and development of quality and food safety metrics and business processes
- Report findings to other team members and management as required
- Support and execute various components and activities spanning the quality and food safety programs such as business case product analysis, risk assessments, auditing, process improvement and issues management
- Lead analysis or improvement projects related to Quality and Food Safety
- Independently work on large projects and effectively manage time and effort
- Potential projects may include reviewing audit programs, evaluating sanitation, quality and food safety programs for enhancements, seasoning studies, data analysis, equipment selection and testing, labor improvement, comparative cost analysis
- Receive opportunities to build affiliation with associate peers and interact with senior leadership
- Gain valuable insights between manufacturing & corporate quality and food safety
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Food Processing Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology, or Chemistry. (other related majors will be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.