2023 Intern – Food Safety Quality- job post
Full Job Description
2023 Intern – Food Safety Quality
This role will be based at a specific facility
Ardent Mills is committed to transforming how the world is nourished. As the premier flour-milling and ingredient company, we cultivate the future of plant-based solutions to help our customers and communities thrive. Ardent Mills is looking for curious, ambitious individuals who want to grow their global and local impact, career, and leadership skills.
Flourish is Ardent Mill’s summer Intern Program, structured and designed to provide team members with a foundational understanding of how to live Ardent Mills’ vision and values while gaining hands-on experience in the industry and providing value to the organization through specialized projects. Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization in a group project experience. Interns will also work on individual projects, assigned based on organizational need and intern past experiences. A variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and leaders.
Food Safety & Quality Internship
We provide a tailored experience designed to give exposure to the broader operations within Ardent Mills, with a keen focus on food safety and quality. Food Safety & Quality Interns will gain the skills and knowledge required to conduct testing and utilize our Ardent Mills Food Safety and Quality Policies in decision making. Our objective is to expose interns to diverse operational challenges, to broaden their experience, and develop a network of resources.
A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
- The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care and to work in a collaborative industrial environment, supporting our plant teams
- The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity, and transparency
- The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change
- The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
- The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others and a strong curiosity for operations
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in toolbox meetings, department reviews and small group activities to ensure that work is properly integrated, and that progress is on track
- Promotes safety and ensures a safe work environment and employee work habits
- Support and abide by plant rules within the workplace
- Support operations on a split or off-shift and (or) weekends as assigned
- Ability to support operations on a split or off-shift and (or) weekends as assigned
- Ability to perform work in inclement weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Candidate must be physically able to climb ladders and stairs
- Willing to work periodic workdays more than assigned work schedule
Education, Experience, Skills:
- Majoring in Milling Science, Bakery Science, Ag Studies, Business, Food Science, Life Sciences, Biosystems Engineering, or related studies
- Strong computer skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organization/Time Management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Must be authorized to work in the Unites states without sponsorship now and in the future
- Except where prohibited by law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and pre-employment background check
At Ardent Mills, everyone matters, and everyone has a voice. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and team members and the decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, aboriginality, ancestry, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, age, political affiliation, or any other non-merit characteristic protected by law or not. Together, celebrating our differences, we make Ardent Mills.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
136 Remote, Omaha NE, 68128
Additional Locations (if applicable):