Our client is a family-owned company selling high-quality meats to butchers, restaurants and grocery chains.They are proud to have supplied their high quality ground beef to burger fanatics nationwide for 40 years.They have a new opportunity for a Maintenance Team Leader at their plant in the Northeast.
The Maintenance Team Leader coordinates major maintenance initiatives such as: planning, directing and controlling the efforts of the Maintenance Department to maintain plant equipment and facilities in a safe and efficient manner commensurate with good engineering practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for maintenance of production equipment and facilities.
- Develop, maintain and administer an organization qualified to maintain all equipment and facilities. Develop and execute an effective predictive and preventive maintenance program to minimize unscheduled down time.
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repairs to have minimum interference.
- Recommend modifications of existing equipment and facilities and the possible replacement of existing equipment which will improve operations and reduce maintenance costs.
- Responsible for the efficient maintenance of all plant transportation equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining maintenance tools and equipment.
- Responsible for Plant building maintenance and repair.
- Review and approve R and M requisitioning and invoicing.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate cost and waste and enhance levels of efficiency through lean manufacturing principles.
- Develop an annual budget that will adequately provide for required maintenance activities. Review and report monthly on performance against budget.
- Plan and provide for an adequate supply and ensure control over spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Responsible for employee development and safety. Responsible for employee discipline.
- B.S. degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical preferred), and 8-10 years of experience in related field with background and experience in engineering and maintenance of equipment and facilities. Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing, controlling, coordinating and directing a Maintenance Department.
- At least 5 years of experience as Maintenance Manager in manufacturing and/or food industry.
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Experience in the food industry is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of process-packaging-service equipment.
- Must possess a balance of the technical, human relations and conceptual skills required to achieve results through subordinate supervision. Must be capable of evaluating and weighing alternatives, establishing relative priorities and formulating decisions that affect all phases of the operation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Computer skills, preferably Microsoft Office Suites and CMMS software.
- Understand equipment repair manuals, federal, state and local codes and regulations.
- Ability to produce understandable and accurate reports and records.
- Must have a current driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must have record of positive work performance and safety record.
- Ability to perform work independently.
- History of being dependable and reliable with good organization skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when needed.
- Ability to follow written or spoken work instructions.
Key job tasks of Maintenance Team Leader:
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Communicates directly with QA department to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Implements programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Assists with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Develops, maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, schedule compliance, etc.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are always met.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment; and initiates reordering when necessary.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Posted On: Wednesday, November 14, 2018