Quality Intern (Summer 2023) – Salem, OR
Intern – QC/QA
The Quality Control department is focused on delivering the safest and highest quality products to our customers and is motivated to be a leader today’s market. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees.
As a Quality Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Collect raw material samples and perform analytical and microbiological testing.
- Collect and review supplier documentation.
- Communicate issues to suppliers and provide feedback to QA Manager and relevant departments
- Participate in other QA/QC projects as assigned (Cleaning verification, ATP swab testing, HACCP plan development/monitoring activities, etc.)
- Upload results and documents to secure electronic databases
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMP’s, and safety.
- Work with Operations and Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives.
- Present new ingredients post-processing, project status, updates and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
The QA/QC Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are organized and data driven.
- Enjoy working in a friendly and fast-paced environment
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and an understanding of the importance of strict adherence to procedure
- Work well with others and enjoy working autonomously without strict supervision
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose value added solutions
- Understand the importance of punctuality and good attendance
Qualified candidates will have:
• Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or Business
• Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Kerr Concentrates does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA required
• Interest in hands-on food product or food ingredient testing using laboratory equipment/processes.
• Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills
• Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Kerr Concentrates is the company for you.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.