Intern, QC Technician
Intern – QC/QA
At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
As our next QC Intern, you will work closely with QC team and the Analytical Chemist to complete validation studies of methods, complete analysis for the products being produced as well as update the procedures and methods being used at the facility. As the facility continues to add new instruments there is a possible opportunity to be assigned the task to work with the Analytical Chemist in starting up new instruments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively perform various analysis of production samples to meet expected turnaround time and efficiency. Ensure suspect product identification and segregation.
- Maintain hygiene and working operation of multiple labs.
- Run lab operations including large- and small-scale media preparation, microbial culture development, sterile technique, and autoclave operation.
- Maintain safety procedures.
- Strong problem solving, teamwork, analysis, judgment, and customer focus skills.
- Ability to analyze data, new processes, and machinery for potential concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Attending an Collegein the major of Quality Assurance, Biology, or Chemistry discipline.
- Advanced Word and Excel skills, required.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and time management skills, required.
- Must be an effective problem solver and deliver results.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2021, Corbion generated annual sales of € 1,070.8 million and hasa workforce of over 2490employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.
Job Segment: QC, Technician, Medical Device, Scientific, QA, Quality, Technology, Healthcare, Engineering