Micro Lab Intern
Intern – QC/QA
Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus, LLC in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and food service segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive but engaged in creating the future the company s and their own.
This position is responsible for support in the areas of quality assurance and related activities in a manner that supports the operations of production of the organization at the Walton, KY plant.
- Responsible for conducting routine standard plating and media inoculations on finished, raw materials and working batch samples. Also to conduct micro testing on samples supplied for investigation on request from Director, Technical Services, Director, Quality Control, and Sales Dept.
- Conduct assigned plating, handling and inoculating instructions on environmental samples.
- Prepare and maintain all micro medias required for all routine Lyons plate count requirements and/or requested by the Manager of Microbiology.
- Provide and conduct plate counts and records results at all times as required-
- Report micro results to Director, Technical Services, Director, Quality Control and submitting departments as required.
- Maintain daily data records as needed or required by micro lab procedures.
- Assist in maintenance of lab equipment.
- Conduct all micro testing in an aseptic manner and procedures
- Currently in school, preferably Microbiology or Food Science field, but not a requirement