Top of Form
Quality Intern – Summer 2023
Intern – QC/QA
WEST JORDAN UT
About the job
The primary responsibility of the Quality Intern is to support the Quality department at the Minster, OH facility. The Quality Intern will help advance quality and food safety at Minster by creating a knowledge database, researching novel technology to eliminate unwanted microorganisms in the production environment, and assist with identification and implementation of quality improvement opportunities. A key component to this role is to understand the production operation and work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to be more efficient. The Quality Intern reports to the Minster production Quality Engineer.
Other responsibilities require the ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., stamina and endurance (e.g., standing, sitting, walking, etc.) for long hours, and the availability to be on-call & work flexible hours (e.g., late nights, weekends, off shift).
Specific Job Duties & Tasks:
- Conduct (sometimes lead) research, analysis, and improvement projects related to department goals
- Actively engage the current workforce, through job shadowing as an example, to effectively achieve project and department goals
- Present project findings and solution proposals to peers and plant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal traffic (e.g., various personnel operating powered equipment or handling raw materials)
- Potential hazards (e.g., chemicals, sharp objects, heavy machinery, and steam pipelines)
- Loud noises, agricultural odors, wet floors, and condensation
Other responsibilities require stamina and endurance (e.g., standing, walking, climbing, crawling, bending, kneeling, crouching, etc.) for long hours
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Exceptional written communication skills including ability to write reports
- Ability to communicate verbally one on one and in front of teams
- Able to work independently as well as in a team in order to achieve results effectively
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision. Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm, and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo.
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facility. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
Pursuing BS or MS Food Science, Food Microbiology, Food Chemistry or similar degree with interest in the Food and Consumer Packaged Goods industry
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Bottom of Form