Our client is a Founder-led food manufacturing and innovation company. They are a talented and energetic team looking to recruit an outstanding Senior Scientist. The company produces a variety of products in their facility located in the Seattle area.
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Scientist to lead and manage innovation of products not currently on the market. Specifically, they seek someone who has experience developing fruit and veggies bars.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a new platform of products around fruit and vegetable bars.
- Work with management team for new product commercialization.
- Ideate directly with customers to develop on-trend products. Keep a strategic view of the marketplace to deliver key business insights.
- Lead technical problem solving, both in daily production and new product development. Proactively address and drive continuous improvements and cost savings opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of developments and trends in the CPG space, including ingredients, new and/or existing products and packaging; and effectively translate the knowledge to create opportunities.
- Build relationships with suppliers to gain additional sources and ideas for new products and/or raw materials for continuous improvements.
- Communicate all progress and needs of the R&D department to the CEO.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Demonstrated passion for the science of food.
- Experience developing nutrition/protein/energy bars.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience specializing in product development for commercial production.
- Master’s degree in Food Science or related field preferred.
- Well-developed understanding of functional ingredients (flavors, texturizers, stabilizers) and their application within a food system for culinary concept development and commercialization.
- Knowledge in HACCP, FSMA-HARPC, FDA and USDA regulations, and GFSI regulations (BRC, SQF, FSSC 22000).
All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com