R&D Kitchen Internship
Intern – R&D
Fall River MA
Fall Internships Available.
Work with a national leader:
Established in Rhode Island 175 years ago, we are a $300+ million organization that is a leading manufacturer of fresh prepared soups and side dishes in the United States. Blount Fine Foods employs more than 750 full time employees in 3 facilities.
Careers in food product development and manufacturing are on the increase. Here is your chance to join a leader in the food industry!
Blount has established a corporate product development and food manufacturing program that will provide students with a unique opportunity to gain first hand industry experience by working alongside our R&D, Regulatory, QA/QC, Project Management, and Marketing teams. This internship has been designed for the student to gain knowledge in various areas of the food manufacturing industry.
Experiences you will gain:
Although the intern’s interest will guide the experience, a multidisciplinary program is offered to provide the student with an encompassing, meaningful, real world understanding of key areas in food development and production. Intern activities could include the following:
- Product Development: Assist the R&D Chefs to develop new products by researching product trends, writing formulations with a focus on quality and cost, creating bench samples, and conducting tastings.
- Regulatory: Work with our Regulatory Specialist to review new items, create food labels and perform nutritional analysis via computer software. Gain knowledge of various product certifications from our Research and Dietetics Technician.
- Quality Assurance: Assist our QA team with raw material and finished good inspection to assure they meet the required specifications.
- Quality Control: Work side by side with our Quality Control team to improve product performance, improve product yields and increase operating efficiencies.
- Food Science: Perform shelf life analysis and test ingredient functionality with our Food Technologists.
- Packaging Technology: Research, sample, and test various types of packaging for foods with Procurement and Process Engineering teams.
- Marketing: Work alongside Marketing and R&D to conduct trend analysis, stage product photos, and develop sales tools for finished products.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
Maintain an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher;
Major in nutritional sciences, chemistry, biology or biochemistry;
Plan to pursue a career in nutrition or food related fields
Be a junior or senior in college
Applicants are responsible for transportation to and from the internship experience