Food Science Technical Service Intern, Plant Based Protein
Intern – QC/QA, Intern – R&D
Job Title: Technical service Intern – Plant Based Protein
Ingredion’s Commercial Innovation Acceleration team is seeking an intern to help progress applications for our plant-based protein portfolio. In this role, you will be responsible for developing innovative and exciting prototypes that will be used to promote our plant-based protein solutions to customers. You will closely collaborate with various internal functions to accomplish project objectives – making the ability to work on a diverse team and an interest in consumer trends crucial to success in this role. You will also be responsible for taking lab-scale concepts and scaling them up in our food pilot plant to produce high quality prototypes that can be utilized by our Go-To-Market team.
As a Technical Service Intern – Plant Based Protein, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing work packages, working both independently and reciprocally, to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Analyzing and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, ServSafe and safety
- Working with Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives
- Presenting prototypes, project status, updates and outcomes to team and partners
- Making presentations and writing technical reports
The Technical service Intern – Plant Based Protein position is well suited for you if you:
- Have a passion for learning food processing and development of food formulations in compliance with food safety regulations
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment
- Have proven ability to work independently and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Can demonstrate the capacity to tackle problems through creative, innovative solutions
- Can challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks by being a creative problem-solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering with interest or experience working in food processing or/and food safety
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions-corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is Fortune 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.