Our client is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. They use their unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, they have been uncompromising in their commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on their deep application and product knowledge, they work side-by-side with customers to make their cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our client’s solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. Company is based in the Midwest.
As Senior Scientist – Food Applications , you will play a strategically important, customer-facing role, using your expertise in applied food science and years of manufacturing experience to help create and apply innovative solutions that grow the company’s food preservation business. You’ll be part of a global team of scientists and technologists working together in a dynamic culture unlike any other. Company leadership is accessible and collaborative; every day is different from the next; diverse career paths are possible; your voice counts and your work is what matters most. In short, our client is a place where insightful, creative people can make a meaningful impact in the food industry and in everyday lives.
MISSION AND KEY ROLE FOCUS
- Serve as an essential resource for applied food science expertise for members of the Sales team, customers and internal innovation teams.
- Work side-by-side with customers to solve their food formulation, preservation, and application challenges.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and customers as food science expert regarding the use of client’s ingredients, application guidelines, formulations, production methods, and troubleshooting.
- Serve as a food science resource to customers in developing protocols for pilot plant trials, in-plant formula implementation and troubleshooting; engage other subject matter experts to ensure scientific rigor and compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Keep internal colleagues’ food technology and ingredient knowledge up-to-date by conducting training sessions and coaching project teams and individuals.
- Develop and maintain client’s food preservation solutions expertise in external forums for industry associations, academia and customers.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Master’s degree in food applications science.
- 5+ years of related industrial experience.
- Extensive food science formulation, application, and functional ingredient experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
- Ability to set up and effectively manage a pilot food applications facility.
- Proven success communicating with a variety of people/audiences having different levels of expertise and technical knowledge; ability to present technical information at the appropriate level of sophistication to customers, technical conferences and upper management.
- Up-to-date working knowledge of food manufacturing processes, food safety microbiology and industry best practices.
- Substantive network within the food and food ingredient industry, academia and associations.
- Passion and motivation to achieve superior results, with strong customer focus and a can-do mentality.
- Creativity, knowledge and a team-oriented approach focused on helping the Company deliver innovative solutions that make an impact in food formulation and processing.
- Initiative and self-motivation to achieve superior results.
- Ability to bring new ideas into the organization, initiate projects and manage time and multiple projects effectively.
This is note a remote role. All candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com