Continuous Improvement Intern
Continuous Improvement Staff, Intern – Manufacturing
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser’s offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Full-time employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid time off, company paid holidays and a variety of voluntary benefit options.
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment that shows we are committed to investing in employee growth and creating a culture of belonging where employees want to build a lasting career.
Internship Dates: 6/19/23 – 9/1/23 (flexible)
Deadline to apply is 3/17/23
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Internship Program Goals
Provide a rewarding experience for students who are preparing for real careers outside of high school or college. The goal is to provide a real-world, thought-provoking internship to experience things first-hand.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the leadership and initiative to ensure the successful implementation of lean concepts.
- Help create ownership and share results from process improvements. Be a teacher and facilitator of continuous improvement.
- Develop and utilize tools that will maximize the effectiveness of lean and sustain them over time.
- Ensure processes and practices are in place to identify and share best practices with the plant and across the organization.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
- Experience with root cause analysis and cycle time analysis preferred.
- Experience with data analysis, documentation and charts preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of cost reduction and process development.
- Refrigerated food manufacturing plant.
- The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F.
- Lifting, kneeling, and bending with packages in excess of 50 lbs.
- Production demands may require evening or weekend scheduling.
Recipe for Success
Reser’s is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser’s has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser’s family of brands include Reser’s American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser’s operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.