Intern – Human Resources, Intern – R&D, Intern – Sales
Geneva (USA) IL
Roquette is a family-owned global leader in plant-based ingredients, a pioneer of plant proteins and a leading provider of pharmaceutical excipients.
What makes us proud?
Using plant-based resources, we collaborate with our customers and partners to imagine and offer ingredients to better feed people and treat patients.
Each of our ingredients responds to unique and essential needs, and they enable healthier lifestyles.
We are looking for a summer intern. Projects may include working with a cross-functional team (CTS (Customer Technical Service), R&D, Technical Developers and Marketing) to determine and qualify new and existing Food Applications for Roquette s plant-based ingredient portfolio, such as proteins, fibers, polyols etc.
- Support the creation of new or existing applications highlighting the unique functionalities of our ingredients, aligned with business priorities
- Determine the functionalities and impact related to our plant-based ingredients using chemical & physical analysis, and Sensory testing
- Communicate with all levels of Roquette team members, as well as the plant based and scientific communities
- Specific projects will be assigned based on the priorities above and the candidate’s professional and developmental interests.
- Collaborate with peers to deliver project results as requested in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks, solve problems, show strong self-motivation and initiative
- Present final report and presentation on assigned project completed during the intern period to Roquette s technical community
To be considered for an internship position, you must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate junior, or senior student majoring in an applicable field, such as Food Science, Food Technology, Food Chemistry and/ or Food Engineering for the 2022-2023 academic year OR are currently enrolled as a graduate student pursuing a Masters or PhD in Food Science.
Required Experience and Skills:
Candidates must have completed at least two years of studies toward bachelor s degree by June 2023.
Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) weeks from May – August 2023. You will need to be available to work at Roquette in Geneva, IL, Monday through Friday during the internship season.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Candidates should have significant interest in food science, food technology, food chemistry and/ or food engineering
Candidates should have basic laboratory skills and laboratory experience and good lab practices (GLP s).
Candidates should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Candidates should have:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
If you identify yourself in this position, please apply byuploading your resume and let’s start the journey together !
Roquette is proud to be a global company where you can find personal and professional growth through multiple diverse experiences.
Roquette believes Diversity, Equity and Inclusion must be woven into everything we do, from the products we make, through the relationships we build with our partners, and most importantly within the teams we create and how we interact together.
As we continue to grow, Roquette understands that to be successful we must always be inclusive in our approach, by creating a workforce that represents the world we live in, and the communities and customers we serve.
To find out more about our products, values and sustainable development ambitions visit us at www.roquette.com and at www.sustainability.roquette.com