R&D Intern, Carbohydrate Research
Intern – QC/QA, Intern – R&D
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate student to join our R&D team for 2023 summer internship. As the Carbohydrate Research Intern, you will support conducting a research project related to development of a glycoconjugate product. The project would involve evaluating structural, chemical, and functional characteristics of the new ingredient and relating those to a potential application.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operating laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment; following guidelines for good housekeeping and safety
- Conducting searches on prior art (literature, patents), and current technology including competitive activity on related projects, and summarizing the outcomes
- Working well with others in laboratory; effectively communicating with colleagues, project teams, including cross-functional team members, and key partners
- Performing laboratory experiments, conduct data analyses, and interpret results
- Coordinating, summarizing, and reporting data generated from the experiments
- Recording data in the Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) and other archiving databases as required
- Effectively communicating/presenting project status, updates, and outcomes to the team and key partners
- Presenting research findings to management, with recommendations for future research, at the completion of internship period
This position is well suited for you if you:
- Are an ambitious individual who loves to see and create results
- Have the ability to deliver under agreed upon goals and deadlines
- Are able to work collaboratively with the team, peers, and stakeholders
- Are a creative problem solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Successful progress towards a graduate degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with laboratory research (wet chemistry) experience
- Ability to work safely in a laboratory environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from the facility (Bridgewater, NJ) each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a graduate research (either Master’s or Doctoral) degree program.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.