Quality Control Intern
Intern – QC/QA
Seneca Foods is one of North America’s leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States. Our high quality products are primarily sourced from over 2,000 American farms. Seneca holds the largest share of the retail private label, food service, and export canned vegetable markets, distributing to over 90 countries. Products are also sold under the brands of Libby’s, Aunt Nellie’s, READ, Seneca Farms, Green Valley, CherryMan, Paradise, Pennant, and Seneca labels, including Seneca snack chips. Seneca also provides vegetable products to other companies under various co-pack arrangements.
Quality Control Intern
Seneca Foods in Cumberland, WI is currently seeking a Quality Control Intern to join our team for the 2023 summer production season.
This internship will gain hands-on industry experience working with our location management team during our busy production season.
- Interns will work with the Quality Department Supervisor to help train incoming seasonal staff
- Learn all functions of quality and perform quality checks along with our technicians
- Observe food safety audits by both 3rd party auditors and regulatory auditors
- This intern will become well versed in how canned and frozen vegetables are processed and tested for food safety
- Training in HACCP principles, Thermal Processing Regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP”s) and sanitation practices of the food industry
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have good attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness and ability to work and function in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently on projects
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Have good computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
- Intern should be at least into their 3rd year of their program
- Majors in Food Safety/Science Based education and that are looking to enter the food industry upon graduation preferred
- Interns need to be able to work in factory conditions while following company and government regulations
- Internship Time Frame: May 2023-October 2023
Seneca Foods Corporation is committed to providing equal opportunity for all, through a positive and continuing affirmative action program. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Seneca Foods Corporation will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact us at ADA senecafoods.com or call 585-495-4100.
Nearest Major Market: Hayward
Nearest Secondary Market: Duluth – Superior
Bottom of Form