Summer 2023 – Quality Assurance Intern
Intern – QC/QA
The Shamrock Professional Internship Program is a 12-week program focused on hands-on training in a variety of opportunities throughout the Shamrock Foods Company enterprise. As a Shamrock Student, you will be a part of a cohort of interns across the enterprise focused on real projects that impact the business. In addition to the work, you will do to support your department, you’ll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and events.
- Provide support for the dairy quality assurance department in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in documentation management
- Review and update Food Safety Trainings
- Create and update Quality System Based programs
- Other duties as assigned
- 1+ year(s) educational experience and currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on Food Science or related studies
- Maintains a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must live in or near Phoenix, Arizona
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Demonstrates expertise in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment
- Effective task management
- High level of motivation and adaptability
- Great attitude and desire to learn and grow
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family s motto to ‘treat associates like family and customers like friends.’
Why intern for us?
Shamrock Foods Company is committed to a program that goes beyond your typical internship experience, giving interns the opportunity to start their career path. Weoffer great training and growth for college students to help interns apply their education towards solving business problems and working on hands-on projects in a workplace environment. Our interns are more than a temporary associate; they become part of our family.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)