Intern, Food Applications
Intern – R&D
Global Applications Intern
The Applications intern will support new product development projects in the Savory applications team. The Applications intern will be aiding in pilot-scale and lab-scale trials to develop food applications utilizing Ingredion’s technology. The Applications intern will conduct application testing on finished prototypes to understand functionality and performance in given food systems.
During your internship, you will execute a project aligned to Ingredion’s strategy that will be essential in building knowledge of Ingredion’s products in food applications. You will belong to a diverse team of food scientists, chemists, materials scientists, and engineers. You will learn how to apply scientific principles to develop experiments, formulate and process food applications, and interpret data to gain a deep understanding of ingredient performance in-application. You will be given the opportunity to interact with senior management and colleagues across the organization, beyond R&D. Upon completion of the summer, you will present a summary of your project to a broad cross-functional team, at multi-levels.
As the R&D Intern-Applications, your responsibilities will include:
- Operating laboratory equipment safely and with little direct supervision to support project needs
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment; following guidelines for good housekeeping and safety
- Conducting searches on prior art (literature, patents), and current technology including competitive activity on related projects, and summarizing the outcomes in appropriate report
- Presenting project status, updates, and outcomes to team and key partners
- Working well with others in laboratory; effectively communicating with colleagues, project teams, including cross-functional team members, and key partners
- Performing laboratory experiments, conduct data analysis and interpret results to make recommendations to project team and support the project
- Coordinating, summarizing and reporting data generated from these experiments in a clear and succinct manner
- Presenting research findings to team with recommendations for future New Product Development or Applied Research projects at completion of internship period
The R&D Intern-Applications position is well suited for you if you:
- Are an ambitious individual who loves to see and create results
- Are able to work collaboratively with peers and others
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving ability with a results-driven mindset through proven organization and time management skills
- Have proven ability to deliver under agreed upon deadlines
Qualified candidates will need to have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field with laboratory research experience
- Ability to work safely in a laboratory environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Working knowledge of basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Yes, Within Country