Our client is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, they are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since 2005. They produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. They seek a Research and Development Manager who will work with a team of scientists and developers to create new products and expand on existing categories, managing the project from concept to commercialization. This role has a responsibility for ensuring both food safety and quality of the product. This position is based in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ownership of product platform and management of product development plans and strategies from concept development through initial production launch to ensure that projects are successfully completed
- Manage projects developing new and existing products from conceptualization to commercialization – this includes budget and project timelines.
- Communicate project requirements and recommendations as well as status to internal customers and external vendors.
- Lead, assist, and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed.
- Support the development, maintenance and ongoing improvement of an efficient and effective product development process, project management tools and techniques, and related documents
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Lead by example and provide a hands-on approach in order to develop team members and meet project objectives
- Communicate effectively, cross-functionally and across diverse levels within and outside the organization
- Follow Client’s safety procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Master’s in Food Technology or Food Chemistry preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years of food industry experience required, dairy/cereal/ice cream background is preferred
- Familiarity with Lean product development, basic research tools and statistical analysis.
- Solid business and scientific technical acumen; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and financial planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker
- Prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Firm understanding of product and process development
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including ability to present persuasively to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Team player with the ability to inspire and be inspired by many different types of people and roles
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org