Top of Form
Food Science Technical Service Intern, Food Pilot Plant
Intern – QC/QA, Intern – R&D
Ingredion’s Commercial Innovation Acceleration team is seeking an intern to help and learn development of food formulations and its processing in the pilot plant scale. In this role, you will be working with pilot plant team and technical service teams, and be supporting customer projects and innovation projects by running the trials with them. This opportunity will provide you with practical experience in running “unit operations” and “processes” for the real food products. Your learning associated with actual projects will be presented to CIA team as well as broader organizations upon completion of internship.
As a Technical Service Intern – Pilot Plant, your responsibilities will include:
- Being trained on key equipment and safety protocols at first.
- Understanding project purposes and scopes
- Supporting pilot plant team primarily and technical service team for their customer and innovation projects
- Applying the principles of unit operations and processes into the actual trials and gaining practical experience and knowledge.
- Analyzing and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, HACCP, FSMA and safety
- Making presentations and writing technical reports
The Technical Service Intern – Pilot Plant position is well suited for you if you:
- Have a passion for learning development of food formulations and its food processing in compliance with food safety protocols
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and embrace change in a dynamic work environment
- Have proven ability to work independently and deliver against agreed deadlines
- Can demonstrate the capacity to tackle problems through creative, innovative solutions
- Can challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks by being a creative problem-solver
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering with interest or experience working in food processing or/and food safety
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions-corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is Fortune 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Job Location Information
Bottom of Form