GLOBAL SENSORY SUMMER INTERN
Intern – QC/QA, Intern – R&D
Job Title: Global Sensory Intern
We are hiring a Summer Global Sensory Intern to investigate chemosensory perception within plant-based and sugar reduction platforms at Ingredion. In this role, you would work with the Global Sensory team, who is focused on delivering solutions that can help our key accounts and regional customers differentiate their products through taste, texture, delivery systems and sweeteners.
Through the Ingredion Summer Intern Program:
- You will have the opportunity to learn about Sensory Consumer Science, including how we generate data to demonstrate the value of our ingredient solutions to key stakeholders.
- You will gain hands-on exposure to a variety of projects in support of the value proposition for our ingredients.
- You will be assigned to projects that will focus in the following areas: Basic taste (sweet, sour, salt and bitter) perception. Pulse taste and flavor science and Non-nutritive sweetener perception
As a Global Sensory Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with and functioning as a part of the Global Sensory Science Group (GSSG) to support appropriate testing including all the phases of a project (design, coordination, execution, analysis, and reporting)
- Assisting with the design and implementation of various types of descriptive analysis, consumer research and team evaluation
- Supporting Sensory Analysts & Technicians in a day-to-day manner
- Responsibility of independent project execution
- Literature research and application of learnings
- Work with manager to progress projects
- Having outstanding communication skills and the ability to interact with people at different levels of the organization
The Global Sensory Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Are efficient with your time and enthusiastic about technical literature search
- Can set, prioritize, and enable the achievement of visionary project goals
- Build relationships with members of the GSSG, key decision-makers and internal partners within project teams
- Are a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a high level of integrity.
- Have proven verbal and written interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to various levels within the organization and being able to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progressed towards a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Food Choice, Psychology, Sociology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- A minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Proven knowledge of basic statistics or show willingness to learn
- Ability to taste all types of food, beverage, and snacks
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
What is the formula for a winning career?
It starts with joining a thought leader, innovator, and true high performer, grounded in values and driven to innovate and advance. As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions-corporate, scientific, engineering and operations, sales and technical service, marketing and more. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula.
Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is Fortune 500 company with consistently strong financial performance.
Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business.
Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspective is sought and where relationships matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Yes, Within Country
Job Location Information