Culinary Intern – Summer 2023 – Omaha, NE
Intern – R&D
Have a taste for something big? Launch your career at Conagra Brands, one of North America’s leading branded food companies!
Our internship program will introduce you to the world of consumer packaged goods with the goal of cooking up an interest in future career opportunities and allowing you to make an impact in a refuse-to-lose environment. Come work for a company known for iconic brands: Reddi-wip, Slim Jim, Angie’s BOOMCHICKPOP, Chef Boyardee, Swiss Miss and more!
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
You will be immersed into Conagra Brands and our R&D (Research & Development) Organization for 11 weeks. As a an intern for our Culinary Innovation team, you will be responsible for one primary project that will be determined at the onset of your internship. In addition to your primary project, you will support our team of Development Chefs on a variety of culinary responsibilities. These responsibilities may include:
- Gold-standard development
- Benchtop development
- Concept ideation
- Assisting with the execution of internal and external events
- Provide culinary guidance to cross-functional partners (Product development, packaging, processing, marketing, supply chain, etc.)
- Manage internal and external product cuttings
- Identification and interpretation of culinary trends
- Procure, organize and maintain kitchen inventory
- Kitchen stewardship (sanitation, maintenance, organization, etc.)
When: May 22 – August 4, 2023
Location(s): Omaha, NE
Schedule: Interns should expect to work 40 hours/week
Why should you become a Conagra intern?
- Our intern compensation starts at $20/hr
- We set you up for success. All interns participate in two days of orientation in Omaha.
- You’ll receive professional development before and during the internship.
- Network with and learn from our leaders across the company.
- Summer Hours: Offices close at 1 p.m. on Friday.
- You don’t have to stress about getting to your new city or where you’re going to live. Summer relocation and housing is provided by Conagra as needed.
- Summer Send Off: Come back to Omaha to celebrate and give back to the community.
Is this internship right for you?
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of promoting the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to make a difference and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make a difference.
Do you have what it takes?
- Ability to safely and comfortably lift 25 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time up to four hours
- Work in a kitchen setting on various surface types
- Exposure to microwaves and testing equipment
- You are willing to relocate to Omaha for the duration of your internship
- You do not require sponsorship now, or in the future, and must currently be authorized to work in the United States
At Conagra, we want you to bring your whole self to work and value diversity and inclusion:
- Named a Best Place to Work multiple years by Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ+
- One of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion by The Disability Equality Index
- Top company for LatinX talent as named by Latino Leaders Magazine
- Multi-Year honoree of Civic 50, recognizing the nation’s 50 most civic-minded companies
- Scholarship provider to Thurgood Marshall and Hispanic Scholarship Foundation
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
- Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America’s leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team that’s passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Marie Callender’s®, Banquet®, Healthy Choice®, Slim Jim®, Reddi-wip®, and Vlasic®, and emerging brands, including Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke’s®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Job Location Information
Public Transit: Public bus transportation is provided by Metro Area Transit (MAT), which operates routes in Omaha, Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Papillion, Ralston, Boys Town, Carter Lake, La Vista, and Northeast Sarpy County. MAT schedules morning and evening express service; reduced fares for students and senior and handicapped passengers are available.