Our client is a multi-billion-dollar manufacturer of high-speed beverages, based in the New England area. Our client has 13 plants across the country. They have an opening for a Senior Director, Assistant Controller. This position is open due to a retirement.
Responsible for financial reporting, analysis and support to all reporting areas of the company, forecasting monthly and annually volumes, margins and EBITDA. Coordinating and delivering the annual budget of volume, expenses, EBITDA, balance sheet and cashflow. Reviewing month-end closing activities, all aspects of plant accounting. Coordinating and supporting the annual audit. Review of contracts for adherence to GAAP and all reporting by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure monthly financial reporting requirements are complete in timely manner and required analysis is performed.
- Prepare monthly financial package with P&Ls, balance sheet, cashflow and accompanying analysis.
- Plan and model short and long-term financial forecasts/budgets and investment justification analysis.
- Direct monthly standards for BOMs by SKU, by plant.
- Create monthly divisional P&Ls vs. Plan and the previous year.
- Ensure that all accounting principles, practices, procedures and controls are implemented and consistently enforced to follow GAAP as well as adhere to federal, state, local tax and other regulatory authorities/agencies.
- Manage the general ledger for changes to the business and ERP (SAP) transactional impact to the general ledger.
- Coordinate annual budgeting process and related financial reports as well as standard plant costs for each plant’s SKUs produced.
- Responsible for all aspects of plant accounting including inventory accountability, standard BOM cost maintenance, Federal Milk Marketing and governmental Reporting.
- Manage annual corporate audit process (PwC).
- Direct order-to-cash departments (Customer Service, A/R & Credit).
- Direct procurement departments (milk/cream and ingredients/packaging).
- Budget/manage capital expenditures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree with an accounting concentration.
- CPA designation.
- Strong SAP (S/4HANA preferable) experience.
- Minimum 15 years accounting experience working in a leadership role with responsibility for reporting to management. Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to work with associates vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks to meet requests on demand.
- Strong systems skills and ability to create reports ad hoc.
Skills and Competencies:
- Microsoft Excel power user.
- Organization skills and ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines.
- Requires excellent communication skills to work with various departmental
- Proven analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Excellent GAAP and financial reporting technical skills.