Our client is a global healthcare leader, developing nutritional products to improve health. Based in the Midwest, the Food Safety Engineering group at our is accountable for providing trusted Food Safety expertise and continuous improvement programs that ensure the Company provides safe, high- quality products to our consumers each and every day. The Food Safety Engineering team is responsible for reducing food safety risks by providing technical support while governing and optimizing policies to ensure Company effectively produces safe, high-quality products.’
The primary responsibility for the Microbiology Food Safety Production Program Manager is to lead the global Microbiological Program by setting strategy and executing the program
The primary responsibility is to lead the global Microbiological Program by setting strategy and executing the program.
- Develop the Global Microbiological Food Safety strategy, program, and standards. Ensure alignment with local, regional, and international standards.
- Provide guidance on strategic direction to the organization.
- Facilitate program execution for in-process monitoring, environmental monitoring, and finished product testing.
- Interpret international global food safety standards, requirements, and regulations and apply them to manufacturing.
- Act as the key Microbiological Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Supply Chain and Quality.
- Facilitate and conduct root cause analysis investigations for critical issues with large impact to Supply Chain and Quality including supplier, manufacturing, and facility events.
- Act as key Microbiological SME to consult on complex microbiological events.
- Execute risk assessments for microbiological hazard analysis.
- Identify Microbiological environmental hazards/risks in a production environment and provide the recommendations to the manufacturing sites.
- Provide Microbiological expertise to respond to regulatory changes or external inquiries.
- Interface with internal and external contacts including regulatory agencies, auditors, other technical experts, etc.
- Data Analysis
- Analyze and interpret in-process monitoring, environmental monitoring, and finished product testing data to provide proactive guidance to prevent potential product impact.
- Identifying global trends that may impact manufacturing, product safety, and facility risk.
- Utilize data and trend analysis to build strategy and standards.
- Deliver continuous improvement based on data analysis and industry practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology plus a minimum of 15 years of experience, preferably in the food and beverage industry or other roles related to food safety such as Government, Academia, etc.
- Master’s in Microbiology or Food Safety is preferred.
Requires a scientific foundation, which includes the following skills and expertise.
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of Microbiological laboratory methodology and application.
- Demonstrate knowledge in manufacturing processing Systems including Aseptic, Retort, Powder, Bars, Enteral Devices, etc.
- Risk evaluation/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for complex issues including execution and escalation.
- Data analysis
- Global regulatory and industry awareness.
- Change Management
- Experience in Managing People
Individual should possess these key behaviors.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and influence at all levels across a global organization from the plant floor to the executive level.
- Analyze data to make timely risk-based decisions.
- Applies critical thinking to solve complex microbiological issues in manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional teams including plant and Microbiology support teams.
- Ability to make difficult decisions based on current available information and provide justification for decision.
- Apply active listening to understand all information and data insights presented by others and have the knowledge to apply it as required.
- Collaborate and manage conflict in stressful situations.
- Influence and lead others within and outside of your functional area in order to achieve a path forward.
- Provide mentorship for careers in Microbiology.
– Relocation is available
– Travel 25 % (International Travel as well 10% – once a quarter if needed)