Our client is a multi-billion-dollar manufacturer of high-speed beverages, based in the New England area. They have an opening for a Group Vice President, Supply Chain. This is a new role, which will include managing a team of 4-5 Senior Directors and VPs, as well as a $1 billion budget. The focus will be procurement, logistics and planning, serving as an officer of the company.
The role will develop Supply Chain strategies, roadmaps and capabilities, aligned Supply Chain strategies, to deliver substantial joint value in cost, cash and revenue. The role will develop collaborative relationships with operations, sales, R&D, and customers and be focused on significantly improving demand management, delivering outstanding customer service, optimizing product availability, flawless execution of new launches and events, order optimization and fulfilment and logistics. In addition, the role will be the primary point of contact for Operations and Sales leadership teams to enable execution of new business models and commercial opportunities. The scope of responsibilities is corporate procurement, Logistics “transportation” for the warehouse food & beverage business and business planning and analysis, including internal and external co-packing reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a vendor base that is in line with the company’s/brands supply chain strategy and guidelines.
- Manage vendor relationships and monitors supplier performance using company policies and established evaluation criteria.
- Establish and implement supply chain strategies for sourcing, cost savings, and continuous improvement that deliver total cost savings generating gross margin improvement.
- Drive thought leadership for sourcing by leveraging best practices.
- Actively manage internal and external vendor relationships through performance management on quantitative and qualitative metrics (KPI’s)
- Ensure vendor compliance to standards of human rights and ensuring the sourcing strategy is implemented in a proper and ethical manner.
- Develop high performance work teams committed to a shared value system of integrity and collaboration.
- Manage the businesses supply chain including but not limited to production planning and purchase order placement and exception-based management.
- Develop and lead a global team of high performing strategic sourcing professionals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong SAP competencies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree and 15 or more years of experience in a supply chain leadership for a CPG company, preferably food and or beverage. An entrepreneurial spirit will fit well in the culture.
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical thinking skills
- Leadership Skills
- Problem Management
- Planning skills
- Travel will vary and initially at times could be up to 70% of the work week on some weeks.
- The position will be located at the corporate office, not a remote role.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com