Research and Development Intern- job post
Twin Falls, ID
Full Job Description
The R&D Internship will allow the successful candidate to greatly enhance their real-life experiences and learn modern skillsets within the field that they are studying. It is an outstanding opportunity to get hands-on experience within a modern food company with a strong dairy foundation and an array of growing non-dairy platforms. The ideal R&D Intern will have an integral role in leading the product development of our next wave product innovations, while also lending technical support to our growing base business.
Coming out of this internship, the candidate will have a better understanding of:
- Design and execute experiments based on project objectives, excellent record keeping, data collection and analysis and preparing project summaries
- Planning and carrying out development work in lab and pilot scale; design, develop, and lead tests to qualify new products and to support changes to existing products
- Assisting and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed
- Participating and leading sensory evaluations on products across Chobani’s portfolio
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program in Food Science or related field
- Possesses interest in working in Research and Development
- Experience working both independently and, in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Innate curiosity for understanding complex food systems from a physical and chemical perspective to develop better food for more people
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills
- Students with a minimum of two year of major specific classes, preferred
Chobani is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, we are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since Hamdi Ulukaya, an immigrant to the U.S., founded the company in 2005. We produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. Chobani yogurt is America’s No.1 yogurt brand, and it’s made with only natural ingredients without artificial preservatives.
Chobani uses food as a force for good in the world – putting humanity first in everything we do. Our philanthropic efforts prioritize giving back to our communities and beyond: working to eradicate child hunger, supporting immigrants, refugees and underrepresented people, honoring veterans, and protecting the planet. We manufacture our products in New York, Idaho, and Australia. Chobani products are available throughout North America and distributed in Australia and other select markets. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.