Research and Development Internship- job post
Greenwich, CT 06830
Full Job Description
The BBU R&D paid internship affords students a remarkable opportunity to participate in fast-paced, real-world projects designed to further develop project management, analytical problem solving and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to each intern to guide collaboration and project work. R&D interns will support business units in the development and execution of R&D operations, analysis, and projects.
Our R&D Interns:
- The R&D Intern will receive project assignments related to ongoing research and/or product development for innovation projects amongst a variety of bakery categories
- In this position you will be exposed to all phases of the product development process, including benchtop/lab scale research and development, pilot plant testing, factory trials/scale up, experimental design, sensory testing, and finished product analysis
- You will work under the supervision of an experienced mentor and will be expected to provide regular updates formally and informally throughout the internship
- The intern will be expected to function in a cross-functional team environment in all aspects of the internship. The internship will be Six months in duration. Preferred start date of January 2023 and May/June 2023, with flexibility on the start date. This position will be expected to work onsite
- Ideal candidates should maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business, Research & Development, or related scientific field
- Co-Op or intern experience in R&D a plus
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, any other classification protected by law.