Quality Assurance Intern (Summer 2023)- job post
Green Bay, WI
Full Job Description
This Quality Internship provides an opportunity to work the Summer 2023 with Schreiber Foods at our Home Office in Green Bay, Wisconsin. This internship will be focused on supporting food safety and quality initiatives, and company objectives. It is designed to prepare successful interns for a possible future career with Schreiber Foods.
What you’ll do:
- Lead small quality improvement projects within the team, working with plants and other areas of Schreiber Foods
- Creating and updating documentation for food safety and quality and lab processes
- Gaining knowledge about our products and applying that knowledge to improve processes and practices
- Inputting and analyzing data
- Completing projects related to testing, quality systems, sanitation, auditing, HACCP, training, SQF, suppliers, and other related topics
- Assisting the quality teams on ongoing projects
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
What you will need to succeed:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Bacteriology, Food Microbiology or closely related field.
- Ability to work 40 hours/week during the 2023 summer
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges and opportunities
- Ability and desire to work within a plant manufacturing setting
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess a strong technical foundation in the sciences; dairy knowledge desired but not required
- Reliable transportation
Qualifying positions offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
For positions that require any amount of travel: Valid driver’s license, auto insurance (at least state minimum- more might be required), acceptable driving record per Schreiber Foods discretion, and vehicle that will ensure applicant can meet the travel necessities of the position are required.
Schreiber requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event, an applicant does not have current work authorization, Schreiber will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.