Research & Development Intern – Summer 2023- job post
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Full Job Description
Get ready to grow your career as an Intern on the Kellogg Research & Development team – where we believe in your success! Here at Kellogg, we are always seeking to add great student talent like you to our pipeline for future roles. We are looking to fill three intern positions in 2023 where you’ll help bring out the best in food.
During your time with us, you’ll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we’ll shape a stronger future for our company and your career.
This position will be an in-person experience, located out of our Corporate Headquarters in Battle Creek, MI. And with your self-starter, go-getter, team-player work ethic, we’re positive you’ll fit right in.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in our corporate onboarding orientation and have the chance to visit our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!) during the Intern Finale meeting. These events consist of executive exposure, former intern & executive panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 3-month, full-time commitment starting May 2023. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? Travel may be required but will depend on geography and placement. The internship concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
What to learn more about what it’s like to #InternAtK? Check out our 2022 intern class video!
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Opportunities within the Research & Development teams will be based on your skills and expertise! Hungry to learn more? Placements may include:
Food Designer – Interested in what’s trending in food today? Join us and you’ll be part of our teams working on our next delicious ideas (Pringles, anyone?) While working on our iconic brands you’ll innovate in design, renovation and evaluation of food and process R&D.
- Wellbeing & Nutrition – You will help develop and support nutrition science-based strategies and guidelines which nourish families to flourish and thrive. Excited about designing research and finding innovative solutions that are aligned with our long-term business strategies? We are too!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Student pursuing Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. degree and studying a scientific discipline linked to a Food Science Program (including but not limited to Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ag Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Available for a 3-month assignment from May 22, 2023 – August 11, 2023
- Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. We request students plan to return to campus the semester following the conclusion of their internship.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by the University Relations team – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.