The Latin American and Caribbean division of a multi-billion-dollar food service chain seeks an Associate Manager, Food Innovation Technology to be based in South Florida. The person in this position will support and interact with other functions within the LA&C Team (Operations, Marketing, Supply Chain, Development, Human Resources, and Finance) as well as Franchise Partner’s General Managers and their teams, domestic counterparts, and regional suppliers.
- Major job functions include: Develops understanding of and ability to translate food trends into innovative opportunities, stimulate new food ideas and product concepts.
- Lead the innovation pipeline across the region; develop products from concept to rollout to support consumer insights initiatives. Must meet consumer acceptance norms, targets, and operational execution requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the areas of planning, development, and culinary execution such as recipe development, package directions, performance and yield testing, consumer product research/application.
- Prep and prepare products for internal product showings, supplier ideations and consumer showings. Lead annual Product Show session for our Franchisees
- Effectively work with Marketing and Operations to gain feedback and make appropriate ingredients and product modifications.
- Ensure ongoing partnership with Operations Team to roll-out market tests before Product Launches.
- Proactively align with Quality Assurance and Supply Chain to use approved suppliers and develop key ingredients as needed. Work with the appropriate cross-functional teams for implementation, communication, testing, development of training materials, and other activities for the new menu item.
- Gatekeep and manage the cross-functional Product Innovation approval process for local developments.
- Develop procedures to ensure field readiness in alignment with our Brand Standards and Operations Team input.
- Lead and support Perfect Product sessions in market (Ensure cross functional efforts are applied).
- Demonstrate ability to analyze technical data, anticipate project next steps, and make recommendations.
- Partner with KFC Global to cascade key innovation initiatives and insight strategies.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of cross-functional team roles and responsibilities, exemplify functional excellence while representing Food Innovation/Product Development from concept through implementation.
- Be the Brand Standards Champion and go-to person for our Franchisees in the LA&C region.
- B.S. or higher in Food Science or related subject. MS degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in food related industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively, influence and work with a wide range of people. Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success in product development/roll-outs.
- Knowledge on Dairy (cheese) and Poultry Processing HACCP programs preferred
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive timetables.
- Fully bilingual English – Spanish (writing and speaking)
- Previous business and cultural experience in Latin America & Caribbean preferred.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or email@example.com