Our client is a leading food processor and distributor of egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. Their customers’ wants and needs serve as a foundation for all they do. They have become a leader in the food industry by introducing innovative, value-added food technology and customer solutions. They currently have a new opportunity for an R&D Scientist at their location in Minnesota.
Technologist is responsible for supporting activities around customer/sales sample requests, new products and line extensions, conducting product development project work as a member of a product development team, and providing technical & scientific support for RD&I Department. Individual is self-motivated and drives new technical initiatives which fit within the corporate strategic plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Independently and rapidly formulate any food product; moderately proficient in utilizing all available food ingredients in industry. Readily identify potential reactions among ingredients and rapidly solve formulation problems.
- Responsible for product development from idea to launch.
- Scale-up products from bench top to the pilot plant to the plant required for commercial production scale-up.
- Design and develop the next generation processing techniques that result in cheaper, better customer perceived quality or improved shelf-life products.
- Work with cross functional teams as required (marketing, sales, operations, quality control, packaging, regulatory, other R&D areas of discipline and special operating groups). May use cross-functional strategy for problem solving.
- Draft standards and specifications on finished products and ingredients used with minimal assistance. Generate food labels with all information covered.
- Identify primary experimental variables and draft routine experimental designs independently; can readily utilize statistics in designing and interpreting experiments and use experience to see patterns and trends.
- Consistently arrive at creative solutions of any technical problems.
- Write clear and concise technical reports; develop and give oral presentations independently
- Actively seek and propose new approaches, methods, or system modifications to simplify work and increase productivity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- M.S. in Food Science, with one or two internships, or BS with 1-2 years of industry experience.
- Exhibit a professional attitude at all times; demonstrate a cooperative demeanor and willingness to help others. Ability to navigate self and others through conflict.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and problem solving skills. Demonstrate ability to coach others.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Rapidly learn other pertinent software as the job requires.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable of USDA, FDA, and other local, state, and federal food laws.
- Demonstrate a complete knowledge of all available food ingredients.
- Some culinary skills preferred.
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
For more information, please contact Moira McGrath at OPUS International, Inc. at (954) 428-3888 or firstname.lastname@example.org