R&D Lab Assistant Intern- job post
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Full Job Description
At Milk Specialties Global, our focus is to create high-quality ingredients designed to optimize health and nutrition. We are passionate and dedicated people. Each day, we collectively explore new, innovative ways to enhance product performance and value through our broad human and animal nutrition portfolios. The human nutrition division focuses on industry leading whey and milk protein isolates, concentrates, and hydrolysates. The animal nutrition division is a leading supplier of functional fats, proteins and carbohydrates. Both divisions are backed by the speed, execution and passion it takes to exceed the expectation of our customers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a healthy 401(k) company match program.
The R & D Laboratory Assistant Intern has the general responsibility to assist with lab support functions for the Contract Manufacturing team by preparing customer samples and carrying out benchtop experiments at the direction of a Scientist. This position has the opportunity to be transitioned to a permanent full-time position.
Our R&D Lab Assistant Intern Will:
- Assist in sample preparation and inventory management (75%)
- Prepare finished good samples based upon provided formulas.
- Perform technical analysis on samples & record results in project file.
- Monitor & order stock of ingredients for use in sampling.
- Maintain lab safety, organization, and cleanliness (10%)
- Correctly store all products to ensure product integrity and maintain good workspace environment.
- Provide R&D Project Support (15%)
- Pursuing Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Science related area with expertise in food science, nutrition, quality or microbiology preferred.
- 1+ years of experience as a Lab Technician in a similar field.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments, work independently and meet established deadlines.
- A strong working knowledge of food science and food processing.
- Problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- A team player who wants to contribute to a thriving culture.
- Excelling communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of computer software applications.
- Experience working with protein and sports nutrition supplements preferred
The COVID-19 vaccine is encouraged, but not required. Milk Specialties Global closely follows CDC guidelines and updates to ensure employees are able to work safely at our facilities.