Research & Development Culinary Intern- job post
Independence, OH 44131
$12 – $18 an hour – Full-time
You must create an Indeed account before continuing to the company website to apply
$12 – $18 an hour
Pulled from the full job description
Show 5 more benefits
Full Job Description
Grow Your Career!
Whether you’re looking to start a new career or looking for a company to grow with, Signature Sauces is looking for candidates who are hard-working, dedicated, innovative & as passionate as we are about Sauce, Soups, and Dressings.
If you’re still wondering why, you should join our team, here’s a quick list of reasons:
- Currently offering a $500 sign on bonus!
- Starting pay $12 – $18 based upon experience plus $1.00/hr. shift differential!
- On the job training – no manufacturing experience required.
- Access to our comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive rates and schedules, Overtime available!
- 401(k) with company match
- Optional Disability insurance
- Employee discount at Stancato’s Italian Restaurant
- Health insurance after 60 days
- Health savings account
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- 10-15 Paid Days Off
- Referral program
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Company Provided Lockers & Lock
- Free Laundered Uniforms
- Free Catered Lunch Every Shift
Ideal Candidate Skill Set
- Attentive to Detail
- Safety Orientated
- Teamwork Driven
- Able to Follow Procedures
- Effective Communicator
- Adaptable to Change
What You’ll Do
- Ability to scale ingredients, assemble bench samples, and perform basic test kitchen tasks with a high degree of independence.
- Assist with the documentation of results, creating supporting operational materials, and conducting product evaluations.
- Ability to work in both product development and production environments and create processes that translate between the two.
- Work with internal teams to proactively collect ingredients and packaging for timely execution of all product testing.
- Help organize daily activities and assist in completing test kitchen priorities.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- General support of R&D including rotating and restocking inventory, equipment organization and cleanliness, receiving packages, making, labeling, and packaging samples, and participation in the company safety team.
Who you are and why you are right for us:
- Must possess strong data collection, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- The ability to collaborate effectively
- Have resilient attitude and ability to react to changing priorities
- Able to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate precise, organized, and efficient work
- Adhere to all GMP guidelines and safety procedures
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Signature Sauces to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military service status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Signature Sauces also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities or for sincerely held religious beliefs or practices to the fullest extent required by law. If you would like to request an accommodation or believe you have been subject to discrimination, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department