Food Science Intern (Summer 2022) – Salem, OR- job post
You must create an Indeed account before continuing to the company website to apply
Full Job Description
The Food Science Intern will support internal projects related to processing fruit and vegetable ingredients for use in product segments such as beverage, dairy, savory (soups & sauces), confectionery, and other potential applications identified. The Food Science Intern will be responsible for assisting in developing foundational knowledge on potential raw material, processing to add value as well as supporting their scale up in our production facility. This position will work with our technical service team to meet internal deadlines and expectations and will learn how to participate as a member of the Research and Development Team.
The Technical Service Group is focused on delivering solutions that can create value for our customers. The Go-to-Market team has decades of experience in fruit and vegetable sourcing, manufacturing, and selling. Join a collaborative group of solution driven employees working to deliver profitable growth through sales, quality, and customer service.
As a Food Science Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage work projects, working both independently and collaboratively with others, to meet project timelines and deliverables.
- Conduct literature searches, assimilate information and apply to benchtop or production trials to advance projects.
- Work with team members to design, conduct and analyze trials and experimental data.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMP’s, and safety.
- Work with Technical Service team members and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives.
- Present new ingredients post-processing, project status, updates and outcomes to team and stakeholders.
The Food Science Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Mechanical Engineering, or Business
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Interest in hands-on food product or food ingredient development using laboratory and pilot plant equipment/processes
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical reports
- Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Reliable transportation required to get to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Program. If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.