Food Safety and Quality Assurance Intern- job post
$20 – $25 an hour – Internship
$20 – $25 an hour
Full Job Description
Founded in 2013, Home Chef is the leading meal solutions company with both a retail and online presence. Available online at homechef.com and in retail at more than 2,100 Kroger grocery stores, Home Chef is committed to inspiring and enabling more people to cook simple, delicious meals, no matter how busy they are.
Similar to our recipes, we recognize that variety is the spice of life, and therefore, our employees also bring their uniqueness and color to our fantastic team. We’re eager to work with humble team players and pragmatic next-level thinkers to innovate on Home Chef’s offerings.
As of April 2022, we have returned to our renovated headquarters at the Old Post Office in a hybrid capacity. The amount of days required in office will be based on the function of the role and team. As the COVID-19 situation evolves in the US and worldwide, we are taking all the necessary precautions, per the CDC guidelines, to keep our employees and customers safe.
Home Chef is hiring Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA) interns for the summer of 2022 with the option for an earlier start. The interns will be based out of our Corporate Office located in Chicago, Illinois or remotely. Interns will support the FSQA team with ad hoc projects including automating our facility visitors log, revamping our allergen validation, finalizing our retail donation policy, supporting standardization across the enterprise, and other gap and data analyses and projects as assigned. You will gain experience in the meal kit industry and exposure to FSQA practices at the corporate and plant level.
- Assist the FSQA Team in overseeing schedules and milestone management
- Perform project research as needed
- Prepare and assist in project documentation, including identifying project scope, risks, constraints,
- dependencies, assumptions, and deadlines.
- Working with stakeholders to execute against project goals
- Participate in FSQA Team Meetings
Data Entry and Analysis:
- Put together reports based on KPIs
- Obtain weekly project status from all team members as needed
- Assist in data cleanup inside of Home Chef systems as we continue to grow and refine processes (e.g. ingredients database)
- Pull relevant data from Home Chef systems and put together charts / dashboards in Google sheets
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Food Science or a related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Google Suite or Microsoft Office
- Ability to pick up on new technology tools quickly
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at a time
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
– Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
– Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
– Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
– Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
– Onsite gym
– Weekly Fooda credit
– Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
– Employee discounts through Perkspot
– Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
– Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer – enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
How We Work Together
We are humble team players.
We are warm and gracious with team members and customers. We seek feedback to improve ourselves – and respectfully listen to and accept input.
We are pragmatic next-level thinkers.
We come up with novel and unique ideas. We explore new strategies to avoid being constrained by conventional thinking.
We take ownership.
We approach ambiguous problems, prepared to dive in, get curious, and learn more. We are results-driven, always challenging ourselves to exceed goals.
Be at Home at Home Chef
We all show up authentically at Home Chef. Our team includes individuals with a variety of identities, backgrounds, and perspectives. You can trust that you’ll be able to bring your whole self to an inclusive and enjoyable workplace.
We welcome people of all races, colors, religions, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disabilities, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Home Chef is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Home Chef will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team.
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- What are your salary expectations?
- Please provide your email address so we can send you an invite to interview (if selected):
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for employment at Home Chef?
Work Location: Remote