Our client’s nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active and enhancing health outcomes at all stages of life currently has an opportunity for a Nutrition Scientist Pediatric Specialty.
In Research & Development (R&D) our ambition is providing innovative high-quality products, creating sustainable value, delivering superior user experience.
The Nutrition Scientist supports the global specialty business by maintaining and developing relationships with internal and external customers in the development, execution, and communication of the science behind the pediatric specialty products and works on future innovations. Coordinates key education programs. Shares scientific expertise within function and provides education to internal and external partners. Leads clinical studies and product ideation to support future innovations. Collaborates with internal regulatory experts to ensure compliance for submissions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Core Job Responsibilities
Day to day activities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME): Nutrition and clinical science expertise to translate complex science and research into compelling product claims and scientific messaging; communicate the science and product benefits to both internal and external audiences of varying knowledge levels; remain current in standards of nutrition care and scientific literature; represent Nutrition Science in cross-functional initiatives and programs
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., platform scientists, product development, commercial (marketing and sales, sales training), public affairs, regulatory) and external stakeholders (e.g., key opinion leaders, customers and consumers).
- Innovation: Actively engage in product ideation and innovation to build product pipeline; assess new ingredients and technologies; develop clinical research strategy that generates new evidence for new claims, messaging, and publications; engage in clinical research, secondary data analytics.
- Communication skills (oral and written). Prepare and deliver nutrition science-based content and presentations to internal and external audiences (conferences, meetings, etc). Develop and review product and science educational materials (e.g., product monographs, training materials, medical justifications, FAQ documents, white papers, scientific backgrounders, as well as manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals. Convey complex medical and scientific information to professional scientific audience including key opinion leaders and Abbott advisors in both oral and written formats.
- Cross-functional partnership: Serve SME and nutrition science lead on cross-functional teams, collaborations.
- Competitive surveillance: Maintain date knowledge of competitors’ products, ingredients, features, and benefits; claims; educational events.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- A Master’s or PhD degree in nutrition, allergy, immunology, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical, industry, and/or academic experience.
- Clinical experience in Food Allergies is highly preferred
- Knowledge of products and clinical indications for the nutritional management of allergies, gastrointestinal disorders is highly preferred
- Proven ability to work independently, self-starter, collaborator with global teams and colleagues
- Ability to work constructively, decisively and collegially with external and internal customers, consumers and key opinion leaders
- Strong collaborative, project leadership, research, publication/scientific writing skills, excellent oral and written skills required
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.