Our client is a multi-billion-dollar manufacturer of high-speed beverages, based in the New England area. They have an opening for a Production Supervisor.
The Production Supervisor will provide a high level of leadership to ensure customer, team member, and vendor satisfaction. The Production Supervisor does this by providing direction and support necessary to achieve corporate goals in the production department on their assigned shift. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for training, developing, and coaching employees to meet goals and objectives. The Production Supervisor completes these functions in the support of the operations and the manufacture of dairy and dairy-related products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership necessary for achieving plant and corporate goals in the area of Production, Safety, Quality, Employee Relations, Performance, and Cost for their assigned shift.
- Responsible for the successful attainment of production objectives, execution of policies, and the most effective utilization of available resources on their assigned shift.
- Supports employees by coaching, mentoring and assisting in resolving mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity, job capabilities, and equipment capabilities.
- Responsible for leading a culture of continuous improvement in all areas while balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results.
- Responsible for the enforcement of GMP’s and ensures strict adherence to Corporate and/or Plant Policies, rules, and regulations on their assigned shift and administers coaching and corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for validating the proper training and development of employees and ensuring that they comply with all SOP’s on their assigned shift.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing, safety, and working conditions on their assigned shift.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality by managing job tasks and ensuring work areas are sanitary and that biosecurity measures are administered on their assigned shift.
- Establish and maintain a positive work environment including but not limited to maintaining the open door program and resolving simple to moderate workplace concerns.
- Ensures effective communication between shifts and other departments.
- Interviews and hires for assigned areas of responsibility and provides employee coaching, corrective action, development plans and resolves employee issues.
- Responsible for employee scheduling on their assigned shift and ensures that proper labor scheduling is utilized to meet budgeted and forecasted objectives.
- Ensure Safety Compliance and Accident Investigated are conducted and retrains are issued in a timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in food or dairy plant operations.
- Demonstrated experience within supervising and leading a team.
- Cleaning and sanitation knowledge required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Looks for ways to promote quality and safety
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S without sponsorships.