Our client is a multi-billion-dollar manufacturer of high-speed beverages, based in the Northeast area. They have an opening for a Production Shift Manager.
The role is to lead, motivates, and develop team members to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance while enhancing teamwork. Coordinate daily production activities to meet business objectives. Expectations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading with safety to focus on zero loss in human and food safety/quality incidents.
- Staying focused on identified goals and tenacious about delivering results.
- Setting clear expectations for your team.
- Coaching, Developing, Motivating, and Inspiring your team.
- Holding your employees accountable for delivering quality work and behaving in a manner consistent with company values and policy.
- Keeping the broader team informed; ensuring effective written and verbal communication across departments and shifts.
- Influencing other functions and prioritizing resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures effective employee relations and champions a positive work environment. Provides employee coaching, corrective action and development.
- Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Provides direct leadership to the production department including Supervisors.
- Exhibits working knowledge of in-plant and regulatory audits and inspections, sampling and testing programs required, operations of equipment and plant, etc.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Bias for action to drive improvement in all areas.
- Remains engaged and involved to react effectively to shifting priorities.
- Leads groups in the identification and resolution of root cause when solving problems.
- Strictly adheres to Corporate and/or Plant Policies, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for assisting in the training and development of production employees and ensuring that they comply with all SOP’s.
- Assists Quality and Plant Management in ensuring compliance to GMP’s, housekeeping, sanitation standards and product handling.
- Assists in ensuring all shifts are covered due to vacation or unannounced absenteeism, including leadership.
- Provides visible safety leadership by investigating incidents thoroughly, participating in formal events, and monitoring compliance.
- Plans and directs production activities and effectively communicates production priorities
- Leads continuous improvement activities consistent with plant approach
Education, Experience, Skills and Competencies:
- 3-5+ years of supervisory experience
- SAP experience is desired
- BS Preferred
- Computer knowledge is essential.
- Team oriented individual, with ability to influence
All Candidates must be able to work in U.S. without sponsorship.