Our client is a growing biosciences company that manufactures and markets science-based, top quality pure supplements, supplement blends and nootropics to support the body and mind
Since its inception in early 2010, the company has earned the trust of a growing set of “in the know” customers through product innovation, uncompromising quality, and exceptional customer service. In more recent years, the management broadened the company’s scope and the range of products to reach a wider addressable market in self-care and wellness space. Their brand recently introduced new products in various formats (pure powders and stacks, formatted as bulk powders, capsules, liquid blends, future gummy production) and transformed its website to reach this broader target audience.
Also, to accommodate its growth plans, the company, purchased and relocated to a new manufacturing facility located in a pleasant corporate park environment in the Midwest.
Their mission is to improve the quality of your life.
They believe wellness shouldn’t be reserved for the wealthy or those with specialist knowledge. They believe that everyone has the right to feel their best, and it’s our mission to make it easy.
Their Values are simple: Customer Focus, Teamwork, Pushing the Boundaries.
They differentiate themselves with New Product Innovation, Exceptional Customer Service and by never compromising on Quality.
The Director of Operations Position
This is a Partner track position for the exceptional manager & leader who can contribute to growth,
and grow with the Company.
The position reports directly to the Managing Partner. A strong performer is expected to grow into COO level in 1-2 years; followed by advancement to a Partner level with continued proven leadership within the company.
In close collaboration with the Managing Partner & Marketing leader, the Director of Operations will be responsible for managing all critical aspects of Product Flow:
- Production and Logistics
- Order Fulfillment
- Responsible for developing short- and long-term Operations strategies and plans to meet the company’s growth plans and financial targets.
- Works closely with the Partners to define an organizational plan to support growth. Formalize clear roles and responsibilities, HR policies and compensation structure. Leads the development of a performance management system to meet objectives & recognize for high performers.
- Working with the Partners and marketing lead, defines and develops critical competencies needed to support growth. Also, responsible managing company’s asset growth in equipment and systems to support growth and improve efficiency.
- Ensures the successful implementation and full integration of several strategic initiatives, including achieving cGMP certification and transitioning the inventory management system.
- Manages, 4 direct reports (managers of Operations, Purchasing & Inventory Systems, Logistics and Shipping Room Supervisor). An office manager may be added to the direct reports shortly. Total number of employees under the span of control of Operations Director is currently 15-18 and growing.
- Leads the implementation of critical productivity methods such as 5S, continuous improvements, as well as ongoing hands-on coaching to improve the productivity of the newly relocated manufacturing operations
- Identifies and implements productivity improvement in inventory management and shipping room operations.
- Works closely with the Managing Partner and Marketing lead to synchronize inventory and production operations to support the marketing campaigns and introduction of new products.
- Works closely with external CFO and accounting consultants, to develop and manage Purchasing & Operations budget.
- Coaches and motivates all managers and staff of Synaptent to create a climate of teamwork, collective responsibility, and accountability.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- The position requires more than five years of general management experience in a related industry, preferably dietary supplement, or food/beverage. Experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in sciences or business administration with analytical and financial acumen is necessary.
- Experience in managing multiple functions, including production, QA, inventory management, HR, finance with demonstrated success budget management needed.
- Strong organizational and Project Management skill set is a key competency for the position.
- The successful candidate will be a positive, energetic leader with strong oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate should bring an entrepreneurial mind set with a propensity for hands-on leadership and management.
All Candidates must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.