SBK QA Intern – Claysburg- job post
351 Sheetz Way, Claysburg, PA 16625
Full Job Description
Location: Sheetz Corporate – Claysburg, PA
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Verify that foods produced and assembled in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen adhere to established high food safety & quality standards and ensure Quality Assurance programs and procedures are implemented and followed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Conduct pre-operational and operational sanitation inspections.
- Recommend and establish food safety and quality procedures via written programs that will be implemented in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen
- Assist in training, and implementation of food safety and quality programs for receiving, preparation, storage and shipping of product. Verify compliance to QA programs such as SSOP’s, HACCP, GMP’s, Specification Verification, Chemical Testing, Allergen Control, Traceability, Packaging, etc.
- Conduct verification and validation of HACCP program to comply with company quality standards and government regulations
- Monitor the product rotation and date coding procedures in all areas for short-coded items to insure freshness and top quality to our stores
- Assist in investigating complaints pertaining to product in stores that have been manufactured or assembled in the Sheetz Brothers Kitchen
- Collect microbiological samples for environmental and product analysis
- Conduct chemical testing to ensure product and ingredients meet written specifications
- Conduct appropriate follow-up procedures when standards are not met
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance and Food Safety Department as needed
The education, experience and license/certification requirements represent the MINIMUM requirements necessary to perform the functions of this position successfully.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Pursuing a degree in food science or related field
Candidates with requirements to fulfill an internship prior to graduation are preferred.
Required Food Safety Certifications
Tools & Equipment
- Hand tools (hammer, measuring devices, wrench, level, etc.)
- Lab testing equipment