R&D Intern- Summer 2022- job post
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Full Job Description
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is seeking a full-time R&D Intern in Hunt Valley, MD located at the Technical Innovation Center. This is a 10-week internship (June 2022- August 2022) which requires 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor with approximately 13,000 employees worldwide. As a Fortune 500 company with over $5 billion in annual sales across 160 countries and territories, we manufacture, market, and distribute spices, seasoning mixes, condiments, and other flavorful products to the entire food industry including e-commerce, retail, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Our most popular brands include McCormick, French’s, Frank’s RedHot, Stubb’s, OLD BAY, Lawry’s, Zatarain’s, Ducros, Vahiné, Cholula, Schwartz, Kamis, DaQiao, Club House, Aeroplane, and Gourmet Garden. Every day, no matter where or what you eat or drink, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. Our Purpose is “To Stand Together for the Future of Flavor and our Vision is “A World United by Flavor—where healthy, sustainable and delicious go hand in hand.”
Our 10 week Summer Internship Program in Hunt Valley, MD allows college students to get a glimpse into what it’s like to be a part of the McCormick family – rich in flavor, culture, and employee empowerment.
During your time as an Intern you will sharpen your leadership skills, work on real-world challenges, and collaborate with the best leaders in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to network with executives, participate in social events with other interns, and give back to the community. We are looking for the next generation of problem solvers to drive change within McCormick. Are you up for the challenge?
PLEASE NOTE : Candidates who require visa sponsorship for employment now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
- Assist with daily product development activities. Includes sample preparation, testing, and data gathering.
- Work directly with internal product and process development teams providing hands-on assistance and project guidance.
- Collaborate with other scientists and technologists to deliver ad hoc project results in a timely manner.
- Projects might include prototype formulation, technology research and competitive benchmarking.
- Cross training with other McCormick department according to the Intern’s interests including Sensory Science, Process Development, Test Kitchen and Culinary.
- Current enrollment as an undergraduate college Junior, Senior or graduate student in a relevant academic program.
- Relevant Academic programs include: Food Science, Culinary Science, Nutrition Science or other science.
- Grade point average overall minimum of 3.0
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Experience working in a laboratory or kitchen environment preferred.
- Ability to perform data analysis preferred.
- Prior exposure to and/or familiarity with food science concepts preferred.
- Beginner cooking skills required; Intermediate cooking skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently, learn new tasks, solve problems, and show strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills, handling details.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment is required.