QA Intern- job post
17825 Great Lakes Pkwy, Hiram, OH 44234
Full Job Description
Great Lakes Cheese is seeking a QA Intern from June 2022 – August 2022 at our plant location in Hiram, OH. At GLC, you have the opportunity to grow, optimize your
performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the organization. While working independently or in a team environment, you develop leadership
and critical thinking skills to help build a foundation for your career. Internships at GLC allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses
on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business
strategy. At GLC, we place great value on our interns. Our positions are structured to maximize your internship experience. This position is a paid internship
- Hold product dispositions and inspections
- Metal detection validation
- Assist with package and record review
- Assist with cheese quality review and provide feedback to the suppliers
- Day-to-day lab work as needed
- All GLC interns are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- Current college student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, or related field.
- Year in school: Junior/Senior.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis, and reporting skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, and team skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, able to work well independently.