Our client is multi-million dollar premier company that is known for its innovation, quality, and service with two plants in the mid-west.
Scope: This position will report directly to the Director of Research and Development and be responsible for improving product and processes by performing the following duties:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop new products from concept through successful commercialization with limited guidance and supervision.
- Develop and execute experiments and technical plans.
- Collect and analyze data, presenting recommendations to organization leadership.
- Work with vendors to research new ingredients, product technologies, and/or processes to develop unique and innovative products.
- Develop prototypes to support concept and ideation exploratory work.
- Transfer bench top development to pilot and full-scale production
- Capture and maintain accurate and complete records.
- Creates product development schedules that meet aggressive project timelines.
- Interface product design with various nutritional guidelines, and cost constraints.
- Conduct product cuttings with innovation, sales, and management.
- Work as a technical leader and/or a team member in a cross-functional team environment to deliver business needed results.
- Be flexible in taking additional tasks as needed to support company’s business goals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Bakery Science, Food Science/Engineering, Cereal Chemistry, or related fields
- 3+ years technical experience/development work with a major food or food ingredient company
- Competency in ESHA Genesis
- Strong formulation and industrial processing knowledge relating to bakery & snack products.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in product scope as new information/data is obtained from consumer testing and customer feedback.
- Experience working through ambiguity, adapting to change, and persevering.
- Ability to identify critical path items and risks, and effectively communicate these to the R&D and management teams.
- Driven for results & “can-do” mentality.
- Highly motivated self-starter with time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Competent in project management
- Comprehension of experimental design and statistical analysis
- Ability to consume a variety of baked goods and variety of allergens (including wheat, peanuts, tree-nuts, dairy, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 15%, including overnight travel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands to arms, and talk to hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Work environment conditions may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to eye safety glasses, side shields, hearing protectors and hair nets.
All Candidates must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.