Product and Technology Research Intern- job post
Redwood City, CA 94063•Remote
Full Job Description
Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
The easiest – if not only – way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better – more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods’ mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products – and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
We are excited to be kicking off our 2021 Summer Internship Program!
The program will be for 10 weeks starting from June 21st-September 3rd, 2021.
This role will be worked remotely.
- Research current plant- and animal-based meat, fish, and dairy products to understand the product and technology landscape.
- Research novel technologies being developed in the non animal-based meat space in both academia and industry
- Evaluate products from the key players identified above, recording information about product performance, nutrition, claims, price, placement etc.
- Generate a map of both the existing and up-and-coming markets for non animal-based products and technologies.
- Pursuing or completed an undergraduate degree in food science, data science, culinary arts, or a related field
- Experience and interest in preparing and evaluating food products
- Experience visualizing complex data sets
- Well organized and structured documentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Prior experience in product development is a plus
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.