R&D / Food Science Intern (Summer 2021)- job post
West Bend, IA 50597
Job match details
Full Job Description
Country Maid, Inc. is seeking a summer intern to assist our R&D team. The ideal candidate is a university or college student going into their junior or senior year. We are seeking an inquisitive self-starter with a desire to gain R&D experience.
The R&D Intern will assist with a broad range of projects and initiatives, but the Intern’s primary focuses, spanning the summer, will be to optimize formulas to improve the baking profiles of finished Wooden Spoon cookies and to identify and screen alternate ingredient vendors.
WORK LISTING: Specific work this position is accountable for includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Assist with recipe development and formulation
- Coordinate sample receiving and storage
- Conduct product and environmental monitoring and testing and enter into Plex system
- Assist with testing on the line in a production environment
- Bakes and evaluates samples
- Communicates with vendors to obtain testing ingredients and maintain proper usage documentation
- Provides assistance as necessary with adherence to USDA/FDA/FSMA/SQF regulations
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is classified as a paid, part-time Summer Internship.
- This position reports directly to the R&D Manager/Senior Food Scientist.
- Internship will run from (approximately) June to August 2021.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in food science, food and cooking.
- This position requires a strong work ethic and is designed for a current junior or senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Food Microbiology, Culinology, Production Development or Research and Development or a related field.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, managing several projects at a time.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Exhibits creative thinking and problem solving.
Country Maid Inc