Our client is a leading biotech company in Latin America, focused on pathogens genetic testing and advanced IT platforms for increased microbiological food safety in the food and beverage industries.
Our client seeks an autonomous and proactive person, who will drive the sales and post-sales of our new U.S. branch. The potential clients will be food and beverage manufacturers in the US. The candidate will participate from the beginning of our operations in US with the opportunity of growing their responsibilities quickly and becoming a team leader.
This is a Full-Time position and is preferred that the candidate resides in Illinois (but it is not mandatory).
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Representative is primarily responsible for the sales and post-sales in U.S. Specifically, the
Representative will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities.
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients.
- Research and identify new market opportunities.
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions
and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals.
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospective clients.
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the
client through the closing process.
- Negotiating with clients to secure the most attractive prices.
- Reviewing clients’ feedback and implementing necessary changes.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Microbiology, Food Science or related degree
At least 5 years of experience in lead generation and prospect management.
- Ability to travel.
- Customer service oriented and professional attitude.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Excellent time management and organization
All candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.