Quality Assurance Summer Intern- job post
Appleton, WI 54914
Full Job Description
Position Title: Quality Assurance Summer Intern
Position Type: Temporary – Full-Time
Position Location: Appleton
Requisition ID: 6263
Statement of Job
Assist the Quality department in performing inspections of packaging, verifying COAs and facilitating product cuttings. The QA Intern may be assigned a project, such as aiding in metal detector optimization or other process improvement initiative. Assist in updating or creating Quality Department documents by job shadowing quality and production department employees in the manufacturing environment. Normal schedule is eight hours per day, five days per week, (Mon-Fri) but might be required to work other shifts and weekend hours as needed. Candidates should have a strong interest in manufacturing and business writing. Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail are necessary. Extended periods of time at a computer screen are required.
Desired Skills and Post Training Objectives
- Understand key elements of document control after one on one training
- Access documents in network folders for specific departments
- Follow company policy for job safety
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software programs
- Ability to organize and execute required tasks. Complete daily tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Requires considerable initiative, independence and attention to detail.
- Occasionally requires physical effort
Scope of Authority
- All employees have the right to question or refuse a work related directive that is unsafe
- All employees are expected to take appropriate measures regarding employee, product or equipment safety
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical; General & Administration; Quality & Food Safety; Student & Graduates
Division: Greater North America
Department: Production Lines
Location(s): US – United States of America : Wisconsin : Appleton
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.
McCain Foods Limited