Ingredion is hiring a summer intern for Research and Development. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting enzyme technology research to modify carbohydrates for improving the functional property and nutritional value for supporting projects investigation the production of novel compounds via enzyme technology . We believe that this internship will help you to learn how to apply the skills from class to a laboratory environment.
As the R&D Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Performing routine enzyme activity measurement and enzyme reaction to induce physio-chemical modification for production of novel compounds
- Investigating production and structural modification of novel compounds by several different chromatographic techniques
- Ensuring excellent record maintenance of research activities, both electronically and on paper lab notebooks
- Analyzing all results, interpret and provide recommendations to project team and key business stakeholders.
- Conducting searches on prior art (patents, scientific articles and proceedings), and analyzing technologies directly and indirectly to significant projects
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment and follow guidelines of good house-keeping and GMP. Operating according to standard safety procedures/policies.
- Working well and communicate effectively with other employees in laboratory and other facilities.
- Effectively interacting with cross-functional project teams through written and oral communications and maintaining a current understanding of overall status for all significant projects
- At completion of internship period, present research findings to management with recommendations for future New Product Development or Applied Research projects.
The R&D Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have the enthusiasm to conduct research and are eager to accomplish goals
- Are a phenomenal teammate who can adapt to a dynamic and demanding work environment
- Are a creative problem solver and have a strong initiative to improve the work environment
- Have strong communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree , majoring in Food Science with Carbohydrate Chemistry, Enzymology/Biochemistry knowledges or related field with lab and/or pilot plant skills and basic statistical knowledges to analyze experimental results preferred
- A GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Working experiences with analytical lab procedures such as TLC and HPLC desirable
- Strong written and oral communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Proven ability to utilize basic computer software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and similar versions of software
- Ability to perform standardized and prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations with minimal or no supervision
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.