Food Safety & Quality Assurance Intern- job post
Lakeville, MA 02347
Ocean Spray is committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where all individuals thrive as their authentic selves. Our different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking inspire us to be exceptional. Be collaborative. Be innovators. We believe that our team members are our best asset and we offer an environment where you can work with passionate and collaborative teams that are motivated to deliver Ocean Spray products around the world.
The FSQA Intern will be required to work on project(s) relevant to Food Safety & Quality Assuarance. As a Food Safety & Quality Assuarance Intern, you may be exposed to multiple food safety & quality aspects through orientation meetings, shadowing, and on the job training:
- Food safety & microbiology research
- Microbial kill step validation
- Risk assessments of products, processes and ingredients
- Ingredient/product testing
- Experimental design and data analysis
- Spoilage mitigation strategies
- Preparing and presenting projects
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Ability requirements:
- Must be a current student enrolled in a Master’s Degree or PhD Program – In Food Science, Food Microbiology, Microbiology or other related biological science areas
- Must demonstrate proficiency in aseptic technique and compliance with Good Laboratory Practices
- Experience with microbiological sample analysis and experimental set-up
- Must be project oriented and able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Highly organized, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Duration & Location:
- Position will start in June 2021 and run through August 2021 – candidates must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks (12 weeks maximum).
- Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:45pm, Friday 8:00am – 12:30pm
- Position is located at our corporate headquarters in Lakeville, MA (about 45 minutes South of Boston – Exit 5 off of Rte 495). In response to COVID-19 pandemic, Ocean Spray implemented COVID-19 & general illness preventive measures and allows for a limited number of employees onsite. This position is required to be onsite at a minimum of 50%.
Application Submission: Please submit your resume and a summary letter (no more than 1 page) to communicate your interest in the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Intern position with Ocean Spray
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.