Research and Development Summer Intern- job post
Willowbrook, IL 60527
- US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Olam is a leading agri-business operating in 66 countries, supplying food and industrial raw materials to over 22,000 customers worldwide. The Olam Cocoa division is a leading originator of cocoa beans, a globally leading cocoa processor and the world’s foremost focused supplier of cocoa beans and cocoa products (cocoa powder, cocoa mass, and cocoa butter).
Support the Product Development and Innovation team while gaining experience on projects from start to finish. Learn about the cocoa industry including cocoa processing, distributing and research and development work. Gain experience with ingredient functionality by studying cocoa powder in a summer long project.
This is a 10-12 week full-time internship, Monday-Friday from 8 am -5 pm at our Chicago area location. Interns will be paid a competitive hourly rate.
Responsibilities will include conducting laboratory tests, working with cocoa ingredients in a variety of food applications including, baked goods, beverages, ice cream and other dairy products, participating and conducting sensory analysis with the internal sensory panel and assisting PD&I team members with customer and internal projects. Individuals will also complete a summer long project researching cocoa products in food and present the findings of this project to the PD&I team at the completion of the internship.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced environment
- Analytical mindset and a familiarity with simple statistical techniques (t-tests, ANOVA, linear regression analysis)
- This position will involve completing a summer project with some guidance from PD&I team members but the candidate should possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Firm knowledge of chemistry and biology with the ability to apply this knowledge to food systems
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, working towards a Bachelor’s degree in food science or a related discipline.
- Current academic standing a Junior
- Right to work in the U.S.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Willowbrook, IL 60527 (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
1 day ago
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.